Year 6 Home Learning
Welcome to Year 6!
“Education is the most powerful weapon that you can use to change the world!”
Hello and thank you for visiting our page! You will find lots of ideas, useful links and reminders on this page as well as on Class Dojo. You may use this page simply for revision or in the instance of a school bubble closure.
Miss Webb & Mrs Baker
- Timestables Rockstars – please continue to use this app/website at home, as we still subscribe to it.
- IXL maths – Interactive Maths games sorted into each area of maths (Shape & Space, Number etc) so you can pick/target the skills that you need more practise with.
- TOP MARKS Maths – this is a great tool for maths games.
- BBC Bitesize - A nice interactive revision site with fun activities for revision
- Education quizzes - Games, advice and help, all written by a parent. A site with good section especially for parents about the new methods – it explains long division by chunking and grid multiplication along with number lines and other concepts that children patiently try to explain to parents! Plenty of games for children as well
- Crick web – a useful website full of grammar games
- Top marks – another useful website to use for both maths and English
- BBC Bitesize – full of information all about English
Read, read, read!
- We love it when you read all kinds of books. It is a great idea to read books that are more challenging in order to expand your vocabulary needed for Year 6 writing assessments. You could also review each book – this would help when recommending books to a friend.