Ethos & Mission Statement
Our School is one of the family of Church of England Schools in the Diocese of Leeds.
In addition to offering an excellent foundation for all round education, our School is distinguished by its commitment to Christian education; Worship and values, including teaching a respect for people of other beliefs.
The Governors have identified the following aims as being of prime importance to the education we provide for our pupils:
Trusting in God, we aim to:
- Ensure that each child as ‘one of God’s children’ achieves their full potential, discovering and developing their gifts and talents given to them by God.
- Meet the needs of individual children in a caring Christian environment
- Develop supportive links between home, school, church and community
- Develop confidence, independence and self-esteem and respect for all people
- Provide high quality teaching and stimulating learning opportunities
- Provide exciting and extensive extra-curricular opportunities enabling children to fully enjoy school life and celebrate their success
- Establish high expectations of attitude, behaviour and attainment
- Prepare children for their responsibilities as good citizens and develop their awareness of their role in the wider community